Motor vehicles are used every day and used regularly for work activities. Motor vehicle incidents may result in a serious injury or fatality.
Follow the Rules to Live By:
- Drive to the conditions
- Stick to the road rules
- Always wear your seat belt
- Never use a hand held cell phone while driving
- Don’t drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol
And always make sure:
- Drivers are legally licensed – All drivers have the appropriate licence for the vehicle they are driving
- Vehicles are well maintained – Fit for purpose and have a valid WOF or COF
- Personal injury and/or vehicle damage is reported – to your employer and the police
Emergency Procedures – Make sure your vehicle has a fire extinguisher and a first aid kit. Dial 111 in an emergency.
Things to think about:
- Be a considerate driver
- Drive defensively
- Check your speed
- Check your following distance
- Brake early and brake gradually
- Look twice at intersections
- Concentrate and stay alert
- Minimise distractions
- Before reversing … Mind That Kid !!
Further Helpful Information: